In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Thursday, March 9, 2023

Ooopsy!

 Apparently, even when you don't have quite enough energy to stitch much, you are capable of adding to the stash.

I was rambling around the inner webs--Etsy is dangerous--and I found a number of smaller projects that appealed to me. I succumbed.  I really thought they would arrive over a period of weeks, which wouldn't rouse Dearly Beloved's suspicions about my disposing of all my disposable income in one fell swoop.

And then the evil cyberattackers hit international mail coming from the UK. The situation was handled, but it meant that everything suddenly arrived together once the problem was resolved.

All at the same time. 

All while I was blissfully siting in one of Jenny Adin-Christie's classes. This meant that I was getting messages from Dearly Beloved about a "package from England?" or a "package from Australia?" or a "package from Jackie?"

I had failed to prepare him.

I will not make that mistake again.

So here's what arrived:


The watch and watchband from Alison Cole may become BDE's Christmas present, since I murder watch batteries.  And the little goldwork kit is just sweet.


More goldwork, and a combined metal and stumpwork project, mainly because that grouchy bird makes me laugh.

And, of course, a project from Jackie du Plessis--a lovely work tray with bits and bobs to accessorize it.

Meanwhile, I am doing my best to learn patience. I'm good for a few hours in the morning before the fatigue sets in. I see the endocrinologist in about three weeks, and I am hoping for better living through chemistry. I don't expect to feel like I'm 25, but I'd be happy to stop feeling like I'm 125!

And, quite obviously, I have a stash to work through.


2 comments:

  1. love your new spending , what fun .
    The same always happens to me.
    Always arrives when I am out and hubby is in.
    We can't win. Have fun hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful assortment of goodies you succumbed to, Ann! You made me snort my coffee over your sentence about stop feeling 125. Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete