In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Friday, March 3, 2023

Day Eight, Going Renegade

 So today we started Jenny Adin-Christie's Stuart Thistle Etui. We have a beautiful Reticello pattern that fits part, and an elaborate thistle head on the other part. We started the cordonnet for the Reticello, and some of the patterns for the head.

And that's where I went rogue.

Mainly because I couldn't get the tension on the stitch we were supposed to do to work. So, after several attempts, I went with something else:

The center of that band is supposed to be a delicate fly stitch, worked in silver thread. Mine is not. 

I'm calling it a personal touch.

You may ask what happened to Days Five, Six, and Seven. I was not taking classes on those days. I had planned to work steadily and catch up on my online class assignments. I worked semi-steadily for a little while, then took the rest of each day off. After all, it's supposed to be a vacation.

Unfortunately, I am still tired . . . yes, I would like some cheese with this whine.

2 comments:

  1. I love your stitches ,it's so beautiful , I hope you had a rest on your day off , hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I like that you went rogue.

    ReplyDelete