I am still moving slower than molasses in January--or February, come to think of it.
There has been a little bit of stitching.
I was getting very tired of all the little boxes on Dear Heart's pockets, so I decided to change projects and work teeny little flowers. I'm taking a refresher class on Gardenesque in March, and what I'd like to have done is as much of the inner fittings of the box as possible before then.
So these are the bands that will create the self-lining pockets for the inside compartment of the Gardenesque basket:
There is a pin pad that is attached to the inner part of one of the lids. It's stitched on the same linen as the pieces for the pin cube that lives inside the compartment, so I figured I'd just get both pin pad and pin cube pieces stitched at the same time:
- I was going to finish at least one WIP or UFO a month. I finished Be Still My Heart in January, prior to surgery. February is only half over, but it's not looking good.
- I was going to stay current in stitching the motifs for each lesson in both my stumpwork and goldwork online classes. I have the samples for two classes in goldwork and one in stumpwork to do, plus the homework for next week's classes.
- I was going to stitch and assemble a Christmas ornament every two months so I'd have six new ones for the tree this year. Haven't even started the first one.
- I was going to work on more challenging projects this year--get back to Harmony, and 17th century band samplers, and silk and metal thread embroidery. At the moment, I'm challenged by threading a needle and counting to four accurately. Not what I had in mind.
- Blog daily. Ooops!