In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Friday, February 24, 2023

Day One, Happy Place

 I am in Williamsburg, Va, for my annual trip with great friends and a wonderful needlework class and good food and general fun times all the way around.

This is my corner of the classroom after the first morning in Jenny Adin-Christie's Parham Owl Etui class.

Opening one of Jenny's kits is like opening the best Christmas present ever. Each component of the kit is packaged and labeled, so you know exactly what part goes with what section of the project. Thank you, thank you to Jenny's Mum, who assembles the kits so beautifully.

And I can't say enough about Jenny as a teacher. Each area is broken down into step-by-step directions--incredibly complete and detailed so, if you can read and understand a diagram or a photo (or both), you will have success. Plus, Jenny is the most encouraging teacher I've ever had--and has endless reservoirs of patience.

In short, after the last several weeks--I am most definitely in my Happy Place!

3 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful time , and good to hear you are in a Happy Place , hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann, enjoy your time in Williamsburg. It sounds like a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful time Ann...so glad you can enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete