In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Monday, May 3, 2021

Monday Mail Day

Today was one of those Mondays. The best part of being at work today was that I will only have two more working Mondays.

And then I came home and it was a very, very, very good mail day.


This is the centerfold from the instruction book for one of Inspirations magazine's Hand Picked designs. It showed some of the lovely, lovely things in this lovely, lovely kit.

It does have a lot of beads. Mostly beads. I am trying to overcome fear of beading needles. I also have a very strong urge to put this aside for Baby Girl's Christmas present. But meanwhile, I need to find my Koma, which are buried somewhere in the stash room. And when I say buried, I mean six feet under. I took a notebook class on goldwork through ANG from Sandy Rodgers umpteen years ago, and Koma were involved. And where I stored the notebook, the leftover threads, and the tools from that class must be one of those very safe places that are so safe that I have no idea how to find it. I should draw treasure maps when I put something away.

And, happy dance--another kit from Barbara Jackson.


I've been tracking this for about a week. For some reason, it decided to go to New York City, and it stayed there for a few days. The only thing I can think of is that it has had both Covid shots and was ready to get out and see the world. Anyway, it finally wended its way to me.

This made up for a working Monday.

2 comments:

  1. love Roundels chart.
    I know I put things safe ,and find them years later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't Inspirations kits wonderful? I have one for a roundel and one for the Strawberry Faire etui. Like you, I'm wary of stitching all those beads.

    ReplyDelete