I finally managed to stitch the scissors fob for the Christmas Spirit etui. I do like figuring out double running patterns, but I don't think I worked any two of the leaves the same way.
This leaves only the needle book to stitch, and it's been started, so I hope to get it done this week.
I was trying to decide what to stitch in the evenings after work when this project is complete, so I tottered upstairs to rummage in the stash for a bit. And I discovered a bag of small projects that have been aging since the last century. There are a couple that need just a little more stitching to complete, and three or four more that need to be put together.
So . . . the ones that need to be assembled are now in the pile by the chair to be finish-finished, and the ones that need stitching are in that pile. I seem to be adding to those piles rather than subtracting from them.
I do not think I will have a problem with boredom when I retire.