In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Thursday, March 26, 2020

Day One

The city and county where I live are now on stay-at-home orders. We can go to the grocery store, but we need to hunker down and stay in place, at least for the next three weeks.

I am working from home. I am not crazy about working from home, but Dearly Beloved and I will both survive. It is a dress rehearsal for my retirement, I suppose.

I will never retire, BTW.

Meanwhile, here's where I am on the Pandemic Project:


It's been interesting to see exactly how much I can stitch in an hour. It's not as much as I thought. I've tried rationalizing that I'm doing most of this as cross over one, but it's true, the electric needle has not only lost voltage, it's also rusty.

And I look at the stash and my only thought is I have a lot to do.

Must. Stitch. Faster.

There has also been a little more worked on Ode's Messenger Bag:


My hope is to finish the embroidery on this before Saturday and, if so, I'm going to start putting the bits for Ode together. I still have two parts to stitch, but I don't want to face the monumental task of assembling the whole project at one go.

Despite having a lot to do, there is always room for another project, and there was good mail this week:


Look at all those luscious colors! The whole project is worked in Queen Stitches! I can't let myself start this yet!

(Well, I could, but I'm trying to stay on track with what I had planned to work on this year.  We'll see how long my will power lasts.)

Anyway, life is going on. I miss going to my guild meetings. I miss seeing the azaleas in bloom along my route to and from work. I miss talking to my neighbors, although we're doing a decent job of yelling at each other from one doorway to another. I miss seeing friends and coworkers. I miss being able to get in the car and go where I want to go.

However, if this is what it takes to stop this horrible virus, I'll do it.

However, during today's early foraging expedition, I believe Dearly Beloved thought it might be a good idea to soothe the savage beast.  This is what he brought home for me:


The man knows me only too well.

2 comments:

  1. About every other day we just get in the car and go for a ride. Gets us out of the house and gives us something else to talk about. I am not looking forward to 2-3 more weeks of this, although I am getting some stitching done. Chins up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chocolate and stitching..perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete