In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Sunday, November 24, 2019

little bit of stitching, lot of eating

I have been cooking and baking all week.

We had our office potluck on Wednesday. We should have just closed the office that afternoon--the entire group was in a carb coma after we ate.

Then we had our family Thanksgiving get-together yesterday. Baby Girl and The Saint arrived in the pouring rain, we ate more than we should have, and then there was another carb coma.

I am going to avoid carbs until Christmas.

With all the cooking and baking, there hasn't been much stitching. Here's this week's progress on Tsubaki:


I'd love to finish the leaves this afternoon, but we are also planning to put up the Christmas tree, so it will be toss-up between ornamentifying and stitching. With basically a week less between Thanksgiving and Christmas this year, we've decided we absolutely have to get a head start!

3 comments:

  1. good luck in getting the tree up and some stitching done. Happy Day. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. My one tree is up and my front room decorated , Kitchen this coming week then the week after the hallway .
    Hubby will do the porch.
    Your stitching is looking beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Tsubaki piece is looking good! Have a fabulous Thanksgiving week!

    ReplyDelete