In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Saturday, January 26, 2019

Looking forward

Yesterday the last of my Merry-Christmas-to-me orders arrived, all the way from Australia.

Alison Cole does the most wonderful designs. Any time I need a lift, I wander around her website--so many things I'd like to stitch!  And I have plans . . .

But to start, there are the following:


A beautiful Tudor blackwork/goldwork design, plus the box to put it in when it's stitched.


Lovely Christmas ornaments . . .


and more lovely Christmas ornaments!

Motivation to follow doctor's orders and heal--I want to be able to stitch them all. RIGHT NOW--but I'll stick with the ice packs and rest for a little longer.

On the healing front--elbow is getting better. I can now brush my teeth without wincing. You laugh, but I never realized how often and for what mundane things I bend my arm.

And the cold is getting better. My head feels like it's only partially packed with concrete and I made it to work for two full days in a row. The complication is that I coughed so hard and so long last night that I have apparently pulled a muscle in my side, so every time I cough or sneeze or--good grief--laugh--it hurts.

This, too, will pass.

I'll just be happy to be able to laugh out loud again.

3 comments:

  1. you had better rest and take care of yourself. I like your new charts. hugs but not to tight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful and very intricate projects to induce you to baby that arm/elbow! Hope your cold leaves quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful designs..hope that elbow heals quickly so you can get to them!!!

    ReplyDelete