In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Happy New Year!

I did not make it to midnight last night, so the ceremonial dumping of the ort jar occurred around eleven. It is now completely empty, waiting for this year's bits of thread from whatever I decided to work on.

I've been thinking a lot about my stitching plans for 2019 and have made the following resolutions:

  • I resolve to stitch at least five minutes every day.
  • I resolve to make no lists, set no goals, but to stitch on whatever makes me happy at that moment.
  • I resolve that there will be no rotations of any sort. I fail at them anyway, so why bother?
I was thinking about the annual New Start on New Year's Day, but then decided I would have a New Restart on New Year's Day.

And so, today, I have released Hannah Thornbush from her pillowcase and will restart her.

Here is where she is at the moment:


I went through the stitching basket yesterday and pulled out some things that I'm not feeling the love for and stashed them away. Then I went puttering around in the stash and pulled out some things that I was drawn to, brought them downstairs, and added them to the basket. I don't know when or if I'll work on any of them, but I'll have things handy when I feel like making a change.

Can I tell you how liberating it is to go into the year with no lists, no feelings that I "have" to finish anything? I may be getting over that first-born-girl-child streak of perfectionism and need for control, finally, at this advanced age!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful re-start!!! I'm with you on the first born girl syndrome---for some reason it is hard to get over!!! Let me know if you are successful at kickin' it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah Thornbush is so pretty as a re-start. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete