In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Thursday, February 1, 2018

A Lovely Lawn

The last grass seed was planted and has sprouted!


As much as I've whined and whinged about doing all this tent stitch, it created a perfect, velvety lawn and nicely frames the pretty posies. I don't know if working the sampler this way was Mary's idea, or if she did it because her teacher told her to, but the delicacy of the stitches sets off the house quite nicely.

I had hoped to have this part of the sampler finished by the end of January, and I put in the last stitch on the lawn at 10 last night. Now it's time to set February's goals.

And they are:

  • finish the strawberry Queen stitch border
  • stitch the road below the house
  • work the rest of the funky tree and the vine that runs up the left side of the house
  • fill in the flowers around the fence posts

If I manage all that, it will leave only the two funky trees on the right side of the house, the carriage-and-pair, and all the bugs and butterflies flitting about for March.

I had best get started.

3 comments:

  1. Well done on the seeding and flowering of the lawn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lawn and flowers look amazing - like you were out there snipping individual blades of grass with manicure scissors! I keep thinking that some of Mary's color choices were rather unusual and that makes for a more interesting design. Looking forward to seeing a picture of the whole thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good overall, but I keep being drawn to the fence--love it!!!

    ReplyDelete