In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Friday, November 10, 2017

The Friday Flop

As I was driving to work this morning, I was planning my evening stitching. I had Mary Otter all set up with needle not only threaded but also placed in the appropriate spot to start all those itty bitty leaves. Based on the length of time it took me to work itty bitty leaves across the top of the border for the saying, I had a strong feeling that I could get just about all of them worked tonight before heading to bed.

Not so much.

I came home and flopped into the wing chair and that was pretty much it.

About an hour ago, I forced myself to stitch a bit.

I'm down to the next big blimp leaf on this side.


But that's it for tonight. Dearly Beloved and I have been yawning at each other all evening, and we've decided it's time to head to bed.

And it isn't even 10 p.m. For people who at one time were the last to leave a Friday night shindig, this is really sad. The fact that I used the word "shindig" is probably very sad, too. I'll have to ask Baby Girl if this is even an acceptable term any longer. I will likely get a blank look.

How the mighty have fallen.

2 comments:

  1. I had that yawning and starting-to-nod thing going on last evening also, and that was before I even got close to a needle. However, brushing teeth, washing face and jumping into jammies (brrrr! all of a sudden it's winter here - 20 this morning) woke me up enough to practice detached buttonhole.

    Mary's leaves are looking good ... appears you'll have them finished in next to no time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea if shindig is acceptable in polite company.... But it's acceptable in mine. And you accomplished more than I. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete