In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Monday, July 11, 2016

Now what?

We just arrived home from two days with the Western Reserve Sampler Guild, where I took two classes from Jackie du Plessis. They were The Unplay'd Piano Etui and Behold Thy Beauty.

(If you get a chance to join WSRG and go to any of their workshops, do it. They are a lovely and welcoming group of great stitchers, and it was a delight to get to know them.)

In class I stitched spiral trellis on the piano, and a little bit of looped stitch border on a band that will be part of the lid of the collapsible bag.

After class, I stitched part of the outline for the scissor fob that goes with Behold Thy Beauty.


As usual, I am all pumped up to finish these two projects immediately. Within the next 20 minutes if possible, of course, even though I know how unrealistic that is.

Then I walked in the door and saw Sarah Williams and the Christmas ornament I was working on before I left. Then I sat down with the computer and caught up with the postings on the class site for the Casket of Curiosities, aka the casket class I've been involved with for the last four years. And now I want to get started on my casket. And make a snake out of purl purl and silk to go in the casket. And put together the other projects in my finishing basket. And do some rearranging in the stash room.

And I still have to go back to work tomorrow. So what do I do first?

No comments:

Post a Comment