In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Temptation

Verily I say unto you, my friends, I am being tempted.

Tempted, I say, to fall from the path of Diligence and Discipline.

Tempted to pursue other projects, leaving my prework bereft and alone.

Temptation has reared its ugly head, borne in the leather satchel of my local postal carrier.

Basically, the mail has been very good to me lately.

Today, this arrived:


Early Spring Lambs, a needle book and scissor fob, this year's project offered by Catherine Theron to guilds around the country, arrived today from the Swan Sampler Guild.  It was bittersweet to open the package as it will be the last one I'll receive from the Swans. They are disbanding. They have been very good to away-Swans, allowing us to participate in all of their projects, including their workshops, but the core group is tired. There is no one local to them willing to take on the many jobs needed to continue operating the guild. I will miss their newsletter and their projects.

Last week, another package arrived.


Lovely, lovely threads and braids in such beautiful, rich colors, the DNA for a project from Tricia Wilson Nguyen . . .this will eventually become A Peacock for A Casket.

Now I wasn't tempted when the kit arrived, because this is an online class, and it isn't supposed to start until June 1. As I write this, June 1 is tomorrow. Suddenly I'm tempted. The people who went on the Casket Tour had the chance to take the project as they travelled, so there have been finished peacocks popping up online, each with its own personality.

I may end up with a pair of peacocks if I am industrious. The stash also holds the peacock thimble holder that Margriet Hogue offered as an online class several years ago. It is very tempting--there's that temptation thing again--to pull that out and work it along with this.

But I am trying to be Diligent and Disciplined--so it's back to the Nun Stitch for me!

Who said I have no will power?

1 comment:

  1. Can hardly stand the suspense. Which road will ye travel down?

    ReplyDelete