In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Sunday, February 15, 2015

And this is it?

This is all I've managed to stitch in over a week:


This is the second panel for the Tulip Tray. I only have three more panels to stitch, and then I can put this project together.

Finishing . . . again . . .

I've been distracted by other things this week. For one thing, I've been attempting to accomplish some organization. I bought myself a five-drawer, rolling cabinet that just happens to fit under the drop leaf table by my chair to use for the threads and bits and pieces for my Cabinet of Curiosities, aka casket, from Tricia Wilson Nguyen's online class. It does not fit with the decor of our living room, but I have come to the conclusion that I am now old enough to be eccentric and I can put things where they are convenient for me.

And I'm trying to decide what projects to take with me for a stitching retreat I am attending next week. As I will be a couple of hundred miles from home, I need to take several things just in case the one I'm working on loses its appeal. It's one thing to be able to trot upstairs and plunder the stash if I want something different. It's quite something else when you're not close enough to the stash to do that.

I also have to have another part of me biopsied to determine what's going on. Apparently I'm becoming quite good at growing things in my body that don't need to be there, so we're going to find out what it is.

Consequently, threading a needle hasn't happened as much as I'd like recently. Hopefully I'll be able to rectify that this week.


2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your biopsy results. And with the project selection--there's nothing worse than having things with you to stitch that do not appeal at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your biopsy results are stellar. Have you seen the new Williamsburg piece by Jackie. She posted on FAcebook and it's great! Purple....

    ReplyDelete