In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Sunday, December 28, 2014

Big sigh of relief

I finally got all the broad chain filling and the eyelets on the pouch for the Fair Maiden Workbag completed!


Admittedly, there are about 42 bazillion spangles that have to be added to this piece before it's completely stitched, but just having the broad chain done feels like I've made it over a major hurdle.

Apparently I needed to work on this section when my hands needed to stitch without my brain being engaged. Today was one of those days. Dearly Beloved and I had to go buy a new printer today, which took longer than either of us wanted it to take. Then it had to be set up, which took WAAAAAAY longer than either of us wanted it to take.  By the time all of this was accomplished, there was not enough brain power to count to two, much less make important decisions about stitch placement. Broad chain stitch, especially worked in rows, can be done on autopilot. And it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment