In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Friday, June 28, 2024

Deadly Dull and Boring

My poor blog has been sadly neglected of late, but I've been so deadly dull and boring that I hated to inflict myself on the world.

I have been stitching, but what I've been doing has not been particularly interesting to anyone but me.

I mean, this is going to turn into something lovely, but right now . . . meh.

These are the side bands for the Shaker carrier for Merry Cox's House on the Hill. I've been working on the nun stitch outlines, which involve 772 nun stitches total for the two bands.

772 nun stitches.

Think about that.

I'm trying not to. DBE said I should never have added them up because it would make me run screaming into the night. I didn't do that, but I became very tired of nun stitches, to the point I'm going to avoid them for as long as I possibly can.

I'm also working on my online whitework class, and, hallelujah, I am all but caught up with all the motifs.

Naturally the one I have left to do is close to the most intense and time-consuming one of the whole class. I may not be around much this weekend while I deal with it.

After that, I hope to be back to more colorful and interesting things to stitch and see. I don't think I can stand to be deadly dull and boring for much longer.

 

1 comment:

  1. Hmm, I think I would prefer stitching letters. That is a lot of nun stitches. How is your wrist doing, Ann? Have a pleasant weekend!

    ReplyDelete