I couldn't settle down to stitch yesterday because nothing in the current workbasket was ringing my chimes. I still like them all, but I just didn't feel like playing with them.
So, I decided to watch/listen to the rest of the lectures from the Winterthur Textile Symposium's virtual event--if you signed up, you can access the lectures and discussions for the entire month of October--and I did.
As usual, there were some lectures I adored and some that left me cold, but the one on Erica Wilson sent me upstairs to rummage in the stash to see how many of her kits I have that weren't stitched (I know there are a few). But to get to that box, I had to move another one, and the lid popped off, and right in front of me was Rebekah French.
I got a little frustrated with her several years ago because the tracing diagram didn't match the stitched sampler. However, I looked at her again and decided I can do an adaptation instead of a reproduction, and so, at ten at night, I picked her up and started stitching.
This pretty posy is all tent stitch over one. The lower part of this sampler is either tent over one or surface stitching. This is going to take awhile.
Instead of emptying out the current workbasket, I seem to be adding to it.