I spent most of the day Thursday straightening up some of my projects, organizing and sorting. I kept finding started projects that I really want to finish, and added some more things to the finishing basket. It's been so long since I worked on some of the things I found that they're almost like brand-new projects, and I found a bunch of things that I couldn't remember why I laid them aside.
Short attention span, most likely.
Anyway, I didn't sleep well Thursday night, so I decided the only safe thing to do on Friday was plain cross stitch. And that means that Abigail Davis has one more line of letters.
I need to do a dividing line, and then the final row of letters.
And I hitched up the granny panties and decided that I was going to get past a major stumbling block on Hannah Thornbush.
There has been one motif on this band that I just could not stitch to my satisfaction, and I have ripped it out more than once. I have done everything I could think of to make it look like I wanted it to, even thought about just leaving the outline stitches in place and not filling it in.
Then I had the frame sitting across the room with some things that I knew I wouldn't work on any time soon--and I realized I couldn't even see the motif as anything other than part of the whole.
I'm always the person who says if you can't see it from the back of a galloping horse, don't worry about it--and I'm the last person to take my own advice.
So, I finished the band yesterday:
So, Hannah is staying downstairs with the things I want to stitch in the near future.
I've also decided I like puttering and jumping around from project to project. I'm not going to try to do any kind of rotation because I fail miserably at keeping track of a schedule for my needlework, but I have a stack of things I want to play with, some old, some new, and some that need to be put together.
Now if working didn't take up so much of my time . . .