This has been a discombobulated month.
My office is moving. The move was delayed. Consequently, I am working out of boxes. And learning a couple of new systems. And still handling what I was handling before. This does not leave a lot of time or energy for anything else.
Baby Girl and I went to Salty Yarns at the beginning of the month. This time she was taking the class and I went to hang out and relax. It was a little chilly and overcast and windy, but I found a corner and stitched. That was the last time I had an extended period of time to do so. I loved every minute of it and can't wait to go back, but I have to wait until September. Not that I'm counting the minutes or anything . . .
I do, finally, have another finish to announce. Frances Burwell is done. Done, done, DONE! The last little bit--the "canopies" along the bottom--were just about the most boring thing in the world. If I didn't need to free up the scroll frame for another project, this might have languished in the to-do pile forever. But it is done!
Normally this would be my free stitching afternoon, but we spent yesterday with Mother. Then, as we were wending our way home, a ginormous storm hit our neighborhood--and we arrived home to no electricity. So, no lights for stitching, no power to run the washer and dryer, no stove or microwave for cooking supper--and no desire to open the frig in case the power stayed off for a long time. It came back on around 3 a.m. so we got up, cooked breakfast since we hadn't eaten since lunch yesterday, and went back to bed. When we finally got back up, half the day was gone. The washer is now swishing and the dryer is rumbling and I'm trying to force myself to run a dust cloth over the most exposed spots.
Or I could give myself permission to ignore all that and pick up my needle instead.