In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Random mutterings

Just a lot of random thoughts . . .


  • It snowed today. In the Carolinas. On April 2.
  • This never happens.
  • When the weather forecasters started  predicting this yesterday morning, I thought it was an April Fool's Day prank.
  • It was not
  • It didn't stick to anything and the sun is out now, but it was pretty while it lasted.



  • Speaking of April Fool's Day, I almost pulled a prank of my own.
  • I was going to announce that I was giving up stitching so that Dearly Beloved and I could start collecting toy trains. This would be a hobby we could share.
  • To afford this new hobby, I was going to sell my stash.
  • Then I realized that people might not realize it was April Fool's Day, and I would be inundated with requests.
  • To avoid spending the rest of the year explaining that it was all a joke, I decided not to do that.

  • There has been some stitching.
  • I was rummaging around and decided to pull our Barbara Jackson's Pineapple Case



  • There is more gold on the Spot Sampler



  • The outer framework for the Petite Pin Cushion is stitched:

  • Tsubaki hasn't been forgotten. I finished outlining the other two "chambers" but since the outlining thread blends into the color of the linen, there really isn't anything to see.
  • And that's it for today!

2 comments:

  1. Super random thoughts! I think you made a good call on not announcing that you were giving up stitching and selling off your stash. The outer framework for the Petite Pin Cushion looks great as does the added gold on the Spot Sampler. Too funny about the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had snow on Sunday, but then that's well within reason for here, but you getting snow now ... wow!

    Loving that pineapple piece, and the spot sampler just gets more and more amazing.

    ReplyDelete