In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Saturday, October 21, 2017

It's a Bird! It's a Plane!

It's a . . . dragonfly . . . ?


There's a bunch of these little critters flitting around Mary Otter's sampler. Some look possibly like butterflies, but this one looks like a dragonfly to me.

The beginning of the teeny little floral border is stitched:


It took longer to stitch than the bigger border above it.

I think that's going to be the story of this quarter of the sampler. With very few exceptions, it's stitched over one, either tent or cross over-one. 

I've decided to go ahead and stitch the verse--letters, you know--not my favorite part of a sampler to stitch. Then I may get the Queen stitch borders on the sides worked in, and then go back to the floral border that twines around the saying.  And then there are the parrots on each side.

Oh, didn't I mention that there are parrots?

There are big honkin' parrots in this part of the sampler. Just wait and see. . .

3 comments:

  1. Ah, but are those big honkin' parrots over one or two? ;) I like the dragonfly, though I'm sure he and his winged buddies are a bit of a pain what with being both cross and tent combined.

    Great progress!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your work! can i ask where to buy? in Italy they are not found and I am very sad! Enza
    http://dietrolangolo.canalblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This will be a teaching piece; it is not yet publishes.

      Delete