I have managed to get a few more stitches into Rebekah French today:
Do you see the rust color at the beginning and end of the first row of the satin stitch alphabet?
That's used to fill in the sawtooth border all the way around--double strands of it.
The more I look at the amount of thread I have, the more I believe that I don't have enough.
Now, it's been five years since I started this sampler, so the dye lot has surely changed, and I am not inclined to mix dye lots. I have already decided I will need to order more thread, and I have also decided I won't start filling in the border until I have the new skeins. And, I'm also aware that it may take awhile to get the silk, since very few shops carry a full range at all times, so it will likely have to be ordered. And those orders take time to arrive.
So I'm trying to decide if I want to put Rebekah back in her pillowcase until the silk arrives, or do I keep on working on her, only to have the whole, entire, endless border to do in one swell foop.
If this is the most difficult decision I have to make this week, I'm doing well.