In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Screeching to a crashing halt


Yesterday I stitched the reversible cross stitch alphabet, the whole thing. I was able to do this only because I, once again, with grace and skill, managed to injure myself. I turned or twisted or somehow maneuvered my foot in a way feet are not supposed to turn, twist, or maneuver. This meant I needed to keep my foot elevated to see if the swelling would go down. So, gosh, golly, gee, that meant I could stitch all day instead of battling battalions of dust bunnies.

Late last night, I discovered that I do not have enough of the white Soie de Paris to go any farther.

Panic ensued.

A midnight raid on the stash room did not turn up another spool. An early morning raid in other areas where I might possibly have a spool hidden away resulted in nothing good. (I do have three spools of Creme, but that is not Blanc.)

Therefore, Martha has been put away until the postal service can get another spool of Blanc to me.

Yes, I know that I could go ahead and work around the lack of white silk. However, as you may have picked up, I am just a wee bit OCD about the way I approach my needlework. I am a methodical stitcher who is most comfortable working all the way through each step before I go to another. It makes me a pretty decent pilot stitcher but means that I am acutely uncomfortable jumping around in the same project.

Fortunately, in this case, it's a good thing that I am not OCD about jumping from one project to another, since this means I won't be frozen without stitching until the silk arrives. Ann Scutt is coming out to play today.

6 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your foot and the lack of blanc.
    I hope that martha and you are back on track soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear! Will you be able to find something else to work on until another spool of blanc arrives? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun with Ann in the mean time. Take good care of that foot/ankle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your foot mends quickly! Enjoy the "forced" time away from the chores - it is a blessed thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why when we all have so many things in our stash is it always the one we want that we do not have.

    I am sorry about your ankle, the dust bunnies will not be going anywhere (unfortunately)

    Martha is looking amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I hate it when that happens...the foot and the thread shortage. Hope you're on your feet again soon.

    I'd be crazy because I AM OCD about switching projects. I hate working on more than one thing at a time. Good luck

    ReplyDelete