In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Saturday, October 13, 2012

OOPS!

I had planned to go to a meeting of the Piedmont Heritage Sampler Guild today.

I'm about 90 miles from the meeting place, but it's such a great group of people, several of whom are also involved in the Casket Class, that it's well worth the drive.   Baby Girl and I had decided that we'd have a girls' week-end the months the guild meets. I'd drive to her house (which is closer to the meeting place) on Friday night, we'd go to the meeting on Saturday, find something to entertain ourselves with on Saturday evenings, and I'd head home on Sunday morning.

Except this week-end, her best friend was going to be in town. So I had decided to go on my own from home.

I set the clock and went to bed at a fairly reasonable hour for a Friday night.  This morning, I woke up about fifteen minutes before the clock was supposed to go off.  I decided to go ahead and turn the clock off so it wouldn't wake Dearly Beloved up. Then I made the critical mistake. I decided to lie there for a few minutes before I sprang from bed.

The next time I looked at the clock, it was three hours later.

I do not believe that I could get up, get dressed, get fed, and drive 90 miles in twelve minutes so that I could arrive on time.

So I stayed home and stitched.

And finally, finally, the insides of the vines are all filled in.  The centers of each is worked in white silk so it may not look like there's something there, but there is. Now I get to do the fun stuff.


3 comments:

  1. Oh no! You missed a good meeting. But at least you got some extra sleep. Your stitching is looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes our best laid plans are messed up for good reasons! You made great progress! It looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just were not meant to go! The stitching looks wonderful -- can't wait to see more. Let the fun stuff begin!

    ReplyDelete