In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Running with Scissors

The Obligation Stitching and its threads and its linen and I sat down and had a little talk, since I need to cut and withdraw threads from the linen and then do things with them with the silk.  After the Evil Thread Conspiracy I wanted to make sure we were all ready to cooperate on what will be a major focal point of the design.

And apparently it's working.  Not a single thread has been miscut--and believe me, I know how to repair miscut threads.  Not a single silken thread has tangled.  I haven't even pulled the needle off the silk, which I tend to do on a regular basis.

I was hoping, really hoping, that I would be able to finish up this week-end, but this section is taking much longer than I had hoped.  I can't figure out if I'm getting slower as I get older or if the projects I'm doing now are that much more complicated--or all of the above--but it does seem to take me waaaaaaaaaaaaay more time to work through projects than it once did.

So, back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment