In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Monday, September 4, 2023

Why, oh why?

 Could someone please explain to me why I stopped working on this lovely thing?

When I am this close to having it look like this?

The design is by Jane Timmers, who taught classes for some beautiful smalls 25 or so years ago. I understand she bought a needlepoint shop in the Atlanta area, and no longer traveled to teach after that. I found this in one of my older bins that I was excavating, mainly to see what I had stored in it.

It's truly like an archaeological dig. I never know what treasures are going to appear.

And, needless to say, I have brought this downstairs to work on sooner rather than later.

3 comments:

  1. What a treasure!!! It will be fun to see what you keep uncovering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Ann, I am glad you found this and retrieved it from your 'archaeological' dig. Such a pretty piece! I bet something shiny caught your attention and it got tossed aside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Jane's projects! I had no idea she had at one time owned a needlepoint shop. I knew she had left teaching for managing a kitchen/cooking store. Our EGA has been very fortunate to have her teach for us a few times over the past 10 years even though she has retired from stitching. She is really talented and I love her finishing techniques!

    ReplyDelete