In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Saturday, September 2, 2023

Tasseling

So, two more things out of the finishing basket and into the finished pile.


 The fob on the left actually has no stitching--it was just a cutie Make-It-Take-It. I will confess, I swapped out the skein of AVAS that came in the kit for a skein of Anchor. Yes, I am a silk snob, but for a fob, cotton floss is perfect. And this gives me a skein of dark green AVAS to add to my silk stash.

I also finished the cover for a tape measure, and the tassel to pull the measure out of the container is definitely having a bad hair day. Somewhere in the stuff that is waiting to be unpacked in the stash room is a doll brush and comb set. I found that they are great for combing or brushing out threads, especially in tassels. That is my public service announcement for the day.

This morning, I have been fighting with Ceylon stitch again. Sadly, I had to remove half of what I had stitched, and decided that was a good strong hint that it was time to stop that foolishness and do something else.

Like dust the living room or unpack more boxes.

I think I'll stitch for a little while longer instead. After all, it is a holiday weekend!

Dearly Beloved just mentioned that we are retired, and every weekend is a holiday weekend. I have stuck my fingers in my ears and am singing La La La very loudly so I don't hear him.

1 comment:

  1. Well done on both finishes, Ann! I would have swapped out the silk as well just because. Thanks for the tip about the baby brush! I would be singing La La La with you because it definitely is a holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete