In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Friday, September 15, 2023

Vintage?

 I finished Merry Cox's Tulip Tree Needlebook.

I mean, I really, really finished.

Not only did I stitch the design, but I put it together.

I mentioned earlier that I found this in my stash as I was unpacking some older project boxes. The date on the original model pictured on the kit was 2004. Mine is dated 2023. Does that mean it's been aging in my stash long enough to be considered vintage?

The finish happened only because I am tired. For three nights in a row, I woke up at 4 a.m. or thereabouts, stared at the ceiling for a couple of hours, and either gave up and got up, or finally dozed off to have weird dreams that did not leave me rested. I have not been energetic enough to even look at anything challenging to stitch, but this was all cross stitch or tent over one with Nun stitch worked around it. And the assembly was relatively easy so it didn't end up in one of the finishing baskets.

So I have a finish despite myself. I'd actually rather have some sleep.


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful finished finish, Ann! Hope you get some sleep soon. Perhaps, it will come when you are finished with the boxes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to have nights like that especially if it several in a row. I hope your sleep pattern normalizes. Your finish is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sleep is needed, and prayers it comes, but that lovely finish is nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful finish Ann! I can commiserate about the sleeping!!!

    ReplyDelete