In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Tuesday, September 5, 2023

What's a stitcher to do?

Well, after I found the Elizabeth chatelaine in my stash yesterday, I had to finish stitching the design.


 And I did, in just a few hours. I do wish I could figure out why I didn't do that years ago. Actually, that's one of the reasons I started blogging. I needed a way to remind my feeble brain when I worked on something.

Today, I opened some more boxes, some of the older ones that I didn't repack, just taped up and had moved. It truly has turned into an archaeological dig--today I found projects from 2001 in one box and 2006 in the other. It appears that anything I didn't get to in those years went into a box or bin with the idea I would get to it eventually.

I suppose this is eventually.

BDE made the point that I had a full-time job and still had spawn living at home way back when, so my time was limited.  She also mentioned that I should not expect much from 2023, since it has been and is still being taken up with the Big Move. However, I feel the need to keep my fingers flying. I keep finding things I really want to stitch, and I want them all to be done. Like right this very minute.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful finish, Ann! Thanks for the about the spawn living at home. Enjoy your Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete