In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Monday, September 11, 2023

Stitch-Free Zone

 After yesterday, I decided maybe I should stay far, far away from a threaded needle for a day or so.

Well, I sorta did. I unpacked more boxes in the stash room, thus clearing a space for Dearly Beloved to instal more shelving units. And the mail carrier brought me more stuff to stitch, when it's safe to stitch again.

Please excuse the glare.

Cynthia Jackson is an expert on Tudor embroidery. She taught the class I took a couple of years ago that was a sampler of various techniques loved by Elizabethan embroiderers. She offers a number of designs in pdf's on her website, Gutter Lane Embroidery. 

I wandered over the other day to see if she had added anything new, and lo and behold, she had a limited number of kits with the threads needed for some of the designs. I jumped in with both feet.

The pdf for each design is still available, if you see something you like and have a stash of gold and silks and beads. My stash of metal threads is tiny, my bead stash all but non-existent. The fabric is not included with the kits, but somewhere I have a meter of Duchess satin.

And that means that tomorrow I need to unpack more boxes in the stash room.


1 comment: