In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Shiny Stuff

I had thought I would start assembling Elizabeth today, but I read over the finishing directions and decided I may need to make a mock-up before I work on the real thing. I also realized that I needed to sew a bunch of paillettes on before I did anything else, so Elizabeth is still in the wings.

Truth be told, right after I realized that I have to add paillettes, the lovely Amazon driver delivered the new Craig Johnson Longmire book. Stitching flew right out of my mind. I really was going to read only a couple of pages, just to get a feel for the story. 173 pages later, I went to bed.

Today I had to dust and vacuum and unpack a few more boxes in the stash room. Today's box was from 2008-2009. It appears that I signed up for a bunch of correspondence courses through EGA that year that I never got around to stitching, much less have evaluated. (I have to admit, though, that I rarely send anything in for evaluation. I generally sign up for the courses because I like the projects and want to do the technique.)

I finally sat down to stitch just a little while ago, and the thing that leaped into my hands was the project bag for the Casket Keepsakes. I have added very shiny trim to each side. 

After dinner, I think I'll work the outlining stitches around each part--more shiny thread.

Or I could finish the Longmire book.

1 comment:

  1. I have that issue at times -- read or stitch. Your 'bug' stitch is looking good.

    ReplyDelete