In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Getting Back on Track

I know I said yesterday that I was in a No-Stitch Zone, but last night, my fingers needed to do something even if my brain was not in the right place.

So, what is the least brain-taxing thing I can do?

I went upstairs and pulled out one of the Merry Cox kits I unearthed as I unpacked. And then I sat in my corner and did Nun stitch for the border.


 I'm not a big fan of Nun stitch--sadly, I discovered just how easily it can pull out--but it was just the sort of stitching I needed to do. Almost auto-pilot . . . 

Then, today we had one of our EGA Regional stitch-ins, and I picked up my crewel project:

Not much more, and the trunk will be finished and I can move on to a prettier color. And also, I can do this without thinking too much.

Tomorrow we get flu shots, so we'll see if I can stitch or unpack with a sore arm. Just when I was getting back in a stitching mood!

1 comment:

  1. Pretty Merry Cox piece you worked on, Ann! Your crewel work piece is looking good.

    ReplyDelete