In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Friday, November 4, 2016

What to do . . .

The dividing band between the two rows of eyelet letters is now done.


I was very sorry to see it completed, because it means that it's time to work the second row of letters.

I don't wanna!  (whine, whine, whine)

I generally don't mind eyelets but there seems to be an excessive number of them. Rebekah must have loved them to have worked such big letters in them.

And I could be very easily distracted. I have the first lesson for an ANG cyberworkshop, Key to My Heart, all printed out. I just need to find stretcher bars and my goldwork toolbox to start on that.

I have the auxiliary finishing basket to empty--we're not even talking about the main finishing basket.

There is much, much, much more gold thread to stitch into the background of Eve in the Garden.

I could start on the projects in Barbara Jackson's design for EGA-SCR's online class.

Apparently, though, I'm leaning towards taking my book upstairs, crawling into bed, and going to sleep early. This is when you know you've become "mature." A book and early bedtime on Friday night sound very, very appealing.

1 comment:

  1. Book and early to bed sounds like a lovely evening to me ... probably cause I fit into that "mature" category as well. Though if I could convince myself to get up, some stitching might take place.

    Could you do a couple (nasty) eyelet letters and then drop below them for some relief stitching before going on to the next couple letters, or does Rebekah's design not allow for that?

    ReplyDelete