In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Greenery

The sheep now have grass underfoot and are no longer floating mid-air.


And I've started on the framework for the back panel of the needlecase.


Who would think a simple repeating border would make ones eyes cross?

I'm having to be very, very careful with the thread. It's an overdyed cotton. Overdyeing cotton tends to weaken it a little. And the linen is very rough, so it's abrading the cotton even more. So, I've switched to a larger needle to make the hole a little larger so the thread can avoid as much of the linen as possible, and I'm being very careful to stab the stitches straight up and down. It's helping--there's not as much fraying.

Also not as much speed . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment