In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Friday, November 18, 2016

More good mail

More good mail arrived today:


This is part of the Frostings club that was available through Tricia Nguyen's Cabinet of Curiosities online class.

I had signed up for this the minute it was first offered, and received the shipments. Then I was looking at the contents, and looking at what was still available in the Thistle Threads shop and what I want to use on my casket. The more I looked, the more sense it made to join up again and get a second set of threads.

So I did.

Again, this is probably the closest I'm going to get to threads again tonight. We're having our family Thanksgiving get-together--here--tomorrow. I am cooking.

So far the desserts are almost done. Obviously we agree with the philosophy that life is short, eat (or prepare) dessert first. I have one of the side dishes done and the sweet potatoes are baking prior to their transformation into a casserole. Baby Girl is bringing veggies.  The Saint is bringing Mother. That will leave roasting the turkey, heating the sweet potatoes, and baking the rolls for tomorrow. Dearly Beloved is running the vacuum cleaner for (hopefully) the last time this week-end, and I'm making a valiant effort to do the last bit of de-cluttering (which means moving most of my needlework projects upstairs).

And what will Dearly Beloved and I do on the "real" Thanksgiving?  I'm thinking lasagna.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family - hope you have a lovely time together tomorrow!

    (I'll be madly cleaning the house this weekend as Son is bringing yet-to-be-met Girlfriend here for the holiday! Gorgeous threads, btw!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are going to do a Calvin Trillin Thanksgiving - pasta carbonara!! (If you don't know about it, here's a little background :)http://www.rlrubens.com/Thanksgiving.html

    ReplyDelete