In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Saturday, November 5, 2016

Not what you'd expect

Last night I pulled several projects out and lined them up. I even made a list, assigning each to a day of the week for a rotation.  And I rummaged around in the auxiliary finishing basket and pulled out a stack of things to work on today.

And this is what I ended up stitching.


I know, I know, I said I didn't want to do any more eyelet letters.

And I wasn't gonna, at least not for a day or two.

But I have a philosophy that if you have something you really don't want to do, but that you really should, for whatever reason, it's better just to do it and get it over with.

So I hitched up the Granny panties and did more eyelets today.

I have to admit, though, that I am through for tonight. The "W" just did me in.


4 comments:

  1. I tend to procrastinate about certain things, and then I confront myself and say--"Do it, you fool, get it over with". It never winds up being as horrible as I imagined and I'm done! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a *ton* of eyelets! Or should I say you got a *ton* of eyelets out of the way ? That W looks like it would do anyone in - yikes.

    Interested to see what you've come up with for a rotation - I can never stick to one (sigh).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eyelets - my least favourite stitch! Many of my friends seem to dislike Queen stitches but I really enjoy stitching those. However, no matter how hard I try, and whatever 'method' I use, my eyelets still look drunk and disorderly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's a lot of eyelets! You need a break, my friend!

    ReplyDelete