In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Saturday, November 15, 2014

Two in a Day!

I have two finishes to report in one day!

Quite frankly, this is not as amazing as I would dream--just wait until you see the second one . . .

But first:


It was a bright and sunshiny day, so I sat by the window and finished the stitching for Peace on Earth.

Stitching the sheep was the most fun--I was taught to make very neat and precise French knots many, many years ago. Today I went slightly berserk (in a very ladylike embroideress way) and made big, loopy, sloppy, loose French knots all over the sheep so that they look as though they're really ready for shearing. And I got all the teeny over-one stitches worked in.

Then there is this:


Last night I had a couple of hours before bedtime that I wanted to spend stitching, and I had finished the Blackbird fob. So I dove into the basket again and pulled this out. It's another of the small kits I've picked up over the years from Jackie du Plessis at Christmas in Williamsburg.  I like to have them so I can take them when I'm going on a trip, simply because they're fairly small and easy to pack. This will be the top of a covered tape measure.

I stitched about half of it last night before I got so sleepy I couldn't focus, then finished it today right after Peace on Earth.

And now I really, really, really have to start putting things together.

I'll think about that tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Love your loopy sheep. I'm with you in that I usually stitch tight French knots. It was lovely to see you "break out".

    ReplyDelete
  2. French knots are my least favorite stitch just because I can't get them to all look alike. Then I see you wonderful, messy, loopy sheep and I just love them!! I am going to have to go out of my comfort zone and try this!!! Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sheep!! It just looks fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete