In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Housework can kill you

This blog entry almost didn't make it.

I was putting something in the dishwasher tonight, and apparently I yinned when I should have yanged and my back spasmed.  I finally gave in and took a pain pill, so any errors in tonight's stitching is due to  better living through chemistry.


This is the section that would be affected by the additional thread, and it looks fine to me. But what do I know. . .I'm medicated.

And it's time to ice my back.

4 comments:

  1. Years ago I tore the cartilage in my left knee while removing lasagna from the oven and simultaneously conversing with Trubey. Hard to explain to the surgeon who wanted the details of the "accident". Hope the painkiller kicks in effectively.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, hope you feel better soon.
    I knew there was a reason why housework should be banned! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is amazing how something supposedly routine can become a major incident isn't it? Several years ago my husband broke his leg and dislocated his ankle dancing - yep dancing. Hope you are on the mend. The nice thing about stitching medicated is that the little things really don't bother you.

    ReplyDelete