In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Going off in another direction

You will see that all the stripe outlines are worked and some of the broad chain stitches are filling them in.


I had hoped to have Fair Maiden finished before leaving for Williamsburg next week (NEXT WEEK!!!!!) but I also have a long list of things I'd like to do around the house before then.  Usually I start decking the halls the day after Thanksgiving, but since we're going to see The Flash for Thanging Feast Two, I won't be here to do that. And I really like having my Christmas stuff around for the whole month of December.

Plus, I have a bunch of projects that I've been dying to just take a nibble of--just work a thread or two into the linen or canvas--just a little touch of the needle.

So, for the next week, I'm sampling a lot of things. I'm not abandoning Fair Maiden, but I'm not going to kill myself to finish the workbag before going back to Williamsburg.

I'm going to enjoy the season!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you!! After all, isn't our stitching supposed to be fun!! Laura

    ReplyDelete