In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

random ramblings

A lot of little thoughts tonight . . .

Since I left work, I have voted, dealt with dinner and the dishwasher, talked to Baby Girl, paid two bills, ironed three shirts for Dearly Beloved, and washed my hair early enough so that I won't go to bed with a wet head. I have been an adult quite long enough today, thank you very much.

******************


I had to do some stash diving to locate the kit for Barbara Jackson's Peace on Earth last night. When I found it, I remembered why I stopped.

It's off by one thread.

I got off when I was doing the basting, so the outline, which was based on the basting, was also off by one thread. And I got off by one thread on both vertical lines, so I didn't realize I was off until I started working the star.  At that point I had decided to either rip out everything or start over on another piece of fabric.

After a year, I have come to the conclusion that it can't be seen from the back of a galloping horse, so I'm going to continue. Life is too short to be OCD about one thread.

***********

While I'm still in an enabling mode, Carole Lake and Michael Boren are offering another Stitch for a Cause project through Shining Needle Society. It's called Mariposa, it is offered in umpty-leven different colorways  or you can do your own thing with threads, and $10 of each class fee goes to Doctors Without Borders for supplies to use in the fight against Ebola. I'm signed up--I chose Peach Sherbet on eggshell canvas--but there are only about another ten days to get involved. If you've ever taken a class from the Terrible Two, you know how much fun it is.  If you haven't, you need to. Consider it an early Christmas present, both for yourself and the world!

************

I'm starting to feel a strong hankering to get myself involved in another massive sampler project. There are several calling my name, both started and unstarted. This is dangerous.

************

I want to free up a couple of sets of scroll bars so I can put some other stuff on them. But I also want to start that other stuff immediately. This means I need to either finish up what's on those scroll bars ASAP, or I could buy more scroll bars. This way lies madness.

Especially since I could build an extension on the house with scroll bars and stretcher bars.

*************

After my surgery, several of my friends noticed that I was not quite as large and lovely--still lovely, just not quite as large. However, last week we celebrated two birthdays at the office. For the first one, we had a potluck brunch--I haven't had that many fat grams in one day in years. The next day, we had cupcakes. Lots of cupcakes.  Then this week, we have the leftover Halloween candy, which keeps appearing. I am trying to rationalize that the protein in the peanuts offsets the sugar in the mini-Snickers. 

On that note, I'm going to stitch.


3 comments:

  1. What a busy day! Taking time for stitching is absolutely necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't see that one thread you're off. And that photo enlarges quite nicely. I agree life's too short to worry about this :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A plane going over will never notice it.... forge ahead...

    ReplyDelete