In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Back to Fair Maiden

Although I have been mostly a slug today--it's been cold, cloudy, and just plain gray all day, good for hibernation and not much else--I did get the pouch that fits on the back of the Fair Maiden Workbag started.


Counting and stitching the outline of this thing took almost more brain cells than I had functioning. If the sides hadn't met and matched, I think I would have burst into tears and taken to my bed with a cold compress on my forehead.  This is otherwise known as having a sinking spell.

Dearly Beloved, once again reading over my shoulder, suggested that I could have flung a hissy fit.  That requires having an unladylike temper tantrum and I still haven't recovered enough from my cold to have the energy to do that.

Now I have to stitch a bunch of stripes, which may be just a wee boring. It will be worth it when it's done, but it's going to be sheer tedium while it's going on. So I am once again diving into the basket to see what I can find to alternate with stripe stitching.

2 comments:

  1. Heaven forbid we should witness a hissy fit (having had several in my time)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only believe the frustration that went into getting that right!!!

    ReplyDelete