In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Thursday, November 13, 2014

Determination

I was absolutely determined, despite the yuckier aspects of a bad cold, to stitch tonight.

I was not feeling the love for broad chain.

40 count linen, stitched over one, was not going to happen.

But 32 count linen over one could happen:


When Catherine Theron came to our guild to teach Morning Has Broken, she designed this fob with motifs from the big sampler as a mini-class the evening before. I took advantage of the opportunity, but it's been sitting in the basket for months. Tonight I was pawing through the projects, looking for something that would entice me to thread a needle, and this popped out. I need to stitch a blackbird on the top piece and my initials on the bottom one.

Then, alas, there will be something else in the finishing basket.

No comments:

Post a Comment