In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Sunday, June 30, 2024

So close

 So, I'm doing the fun stuff on the basket bands.


I had planned to do everything for the first band, then move on to the second--but by the time I finished the first band, I had the leaf and stem pattern memorized and it just seemed easier to keep going. I really wanted to have the second one finished before I went to bed, but it was getting toward midnight and my eyes were beginning to cross. Rather than make a mistake that I'd have to frog, I went to bed.

I was going to work on my whitework class today, but I need to make a decision as to whether to use the practice netting for the finished piece or to use the teeny-tiny-wee-little conservation netting that requires me to use the Dazor as well as my usual magnifiers to see it. I think I'm going to rationalize that this is a learning piece so it's mainly to get a feel for the technique.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

2 comments: