In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Saturday, June 8, 2024

First Attempts

So I've done the first three motifs in the Hardanger Fillings class with Jane Ellen Balzuweit. I definitely have some tension issues, and I noticed some errors in the stitching, but I am not ripping out anything. I keep telling myself this is a learning experience, and it is a notebook course--so maybe leaving the mistakes makes sense. After all, sometimes it helps to see what you shouldn't do as well as what you should.




And looking at them here--this should keep me humble!

We had the second class this morning, so I'm going to spend the afternoon working on those motifs. Who knows, if I decide to ignore the dust rhinos and the laundry, I might be able to go ahead and get next week's homework done. 

1 comment:

  1. Ann, do you have Yvette Stanton's Hardanger Filling Stitches book? It is wonderfully and full of ideas and tips.
    Linda Edmundson

    ReplyDelete