In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Monday, June 10, 2024

Another piece down

 The second piece for House on the Hill is completely stitched.

It helped that the Kindred Spirits Sampler Guild had a stitch-in yesterday, so I knew I had a good two-plus hours I could devote to stitching as well as socializing, even if it's through a computer screen. Actually, two of the members just returned from what sounds like an amazing trip to Europe, getting to see samplers in many venues. That was fascinating, and the time flew.

And then I had some momentum with my stitching, and just kept going until  finished. 

You may notice that there are two dates on the piece. I've committed to getting this done in 2024, so that date is with my name. And the project was started at Christmas in Williamsburg in 1999, so to give a nod to that timeline, I had to include that year as well.

Now it's on to the side bands--this all fits in a Shaker basket, which I may have forgotten to mention, and there are side bands that need to be stitched.

But today I need to do the homework for my whitework class so I'll be ready to do that tomorrow. I have a feeling the homework will take a good chunk of the afternoon.

I am not complaining. Getting my homework done is my excuse for avoiding the dust rhinos.


1 comment: