In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Monday, July 1, 2024

Happy Half Year!

 I am in a state of disbelief because the year is half over. And I have very little to show for it.

I'm not going to beat myself up over that. Who would have thought I would develop killer tendonitis and a possible hairline fracture in my wrist? I suppose I should build in a contingency plan for injury or decrepitude.

Better yet, maybe I should stop making plans. Have you heard this before? Like every couple of months?

Maybe my plan is to work on whatever pleases me at the moment, whether I meet any arbitrary goals or not. I really do need to recover from years of dealing with deadlines and schedules.

Meanwhile, I have added the outlines of flowers to the basket bands for House on the Hill.

I also read over the directions for the first class of an EGA online course that came out while I couldn't stitch. I have a month before the video classes for Hummingbird in Silk and Gold go kaput, so I believe I may want to at least watch them before they leave.

I frogged the mistake on Carmen--did I mention that I found the two threads that I was off when I had to stop working on her?

I cut out more little squares of linen for the online Hardanger class I'm taking through EGA's Cyberstitchers.

I decided I would definitely go with the practice netting for the online whitework class. Maybe. Of course, the Dazor is in position so I could work on the conservation netting. And I don't have a deadline when it absolutely has to be done. I think I'll continue to debate with myself over this.

I've cleaned off my work table again.

And the new issue of Inspirations has arrived.

I have choices for the Half Year. I need to be an octopus.

2 comments:

  1. Well I think you have done some beautiful stitching this year .
    But yes I must say this year as passed through way to fast .
    Not good for us , I would like to pull back the clock ticking and make it slower. Hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bands for House on a Hill are looking awesome. So pretty! It is hard to believe the first half of the year has passed. I think you have worked on some lovely pieces despite your hand/wrist issues, Ann.

    ReplyDelete