In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Wednesday, June 5, 2024

Snow Blindness

I hit a wall today. Too much white. SOOOOOO much white I was beginning to feel like I was suffering from snow blindness.

Since I live somewhere that hasn't seen an appreciable amount of snow in years and years, I have no idea what snow blindness would look or feel like, but, anyway, I had to stop tonight before I finished yesterday's last motif. I did get the other three done, and I did stitch one of the motifs from a class several weeks ago, so I suppose I have made progress.


 This is called beading, and it involves making more holes in perfectly good linen. Actually, it looks like a weird caterpillar to me.

And this is where I stopped for today. Actually, I kinda like doing this type of drawn thread, and there's a lot of it on Love That Red, the sampler from Jackie du Plessis I was doing before my wrist misbehaved. And, yes, it's in the pile of things that I want to get back to as soon as I catch up with this class.

If that day ever comes.

1 comment:

  1. Don't know how you do it , all looks beautiful . Hugs June.

    ReplyDelete