In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Sunday, June 9, 2024

Change of Plans

I know I said I was going to work on the Hardanger course.

I changed my mind.

I decided to work on the lettering for the poem for Merry Cox's House on the Hill. I may have mentioned a time or a thousand that I don't particularly care for stitching letters. I would be thrilled if someone gave me a Bristol sampler and I would treasure it, but I will never, ever stitch one. However, although the letters are worked over one, they're done in tent stitch so it's going fairly quickly.

And I do love the flowers, which will be mirrored on the other side.

I think I may spend the rest of the day on this. I was up early and walked before it got hot and humid so I feel very virtuous and worthy of a reward.

That's my rationalization and I'm sticking to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment