In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Friday, February 3, 2023

Maybe not so normal

 I'm still discombobulated.

My thyroid wasn't working very well to begin with, and now I have half of the poorly functioning gland I had before. And that may be one of the reasons that my sleep patterns have been wonky, all of which has left me feeling slightly dopey all the time. I only took four pain pills total, so I can't blame the meds.

I've been doing a little bit of stitching. A very little bit of stitching, but some is better than none--right?

I have more of the caterpillar on Amy Mitten's Casket Keepsake. The next step is working the grassy mound under him/her--but it requires compensation and shading and counting and I found I couldn't handle that very efficiently. I usually follow the count twice, stitch once philosophy, but I was counting three or four times and coming out with a different number each time. Well, that would never do.

So I moved back to Hold Dear.

This was a little easier since it's a repetitive pattern. I now have the inner framework for the second pocket stitched, and I just have to fill in the little boxes. However, the filling has a pattern--not all the little boxes are covered--so I may have to see how well I'm functioning when I thread the needle.

I haven't touched this week's stitching for my online classes or the EGA pilot--they're a little more challenging than the brain fog will allow. I'm just hoping the sun breaks through soon--this pity party is getting to be a drag!

4 comments:

  1. Hope you're feeling back to snuff soon Ann...don't be too hard on yourself..it's that darn gland not you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear Ann , hope you feel better soon.
    Your progress is great even if you are not happy .
    We all have off days with illness and off days .
    If I feel low with anything I pop out a new stitch ha,
    Good for the sprit even if you just look at it , or sort through it.
    Happy days , hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully, the brain fog lifts enough to make concentration and counting easier. Or at least, better! What you shared looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you 💗💗💗

    ReplyDelete